German BioImaging becomes the German Society for Microscopy and Image Analysis!
German BioImaging is a network of German microscopists and imaging specialists, which is currently supported by . It was initiated in 2010 with the aim of fostering interaction and exchange of information within the German bioimaging community.
How to take part in German BioImaging
German BioImaging invites all German microscopists to take part in the network. Imaging core facilities and research groups can create their own GerBI sub page and by doing so be listed on the List of Facilities and Research Groups and on the "Map of German imaging core facilities and research groups" (on this page). If you would like to modify the German BioImaging web page, e.g. register or modify your facility or research group, please request an account and log in. If you need help, don't hesitate to contact us. Anonymous editing of the wiki is disabled to prevent spamming.
German BioImaging provides a mailinglist which is meant for exchanging news and contacting the German BioImaging Community. In order to prevent spam, emails are only distributed from email-addresses subscribed to the mailing list.
Every summer, the GerBI Annual Community Meeting takes place.
- [2017-07-19] German BioImaging is happy to offer travel grants complementary to the short term scientific missions (STSMs) supported by the Network of European Bioimage Analysts (NEUBIAS). Scientists with an approved STSM, who want to extend their visit to learn more about and apply the imaging methods pertinent to their STSM project are highly welcome to inquire with German BioImaging for a travel allowance in the frame of our Job Shadowing initiative.
- [2017-01-24] Registration is now open for the GerBI Annual Community Meeting which will take place on 2-4 May 2017 in Fulda.
- [2017-01-24] Registration for the fifth GerBI Core Facility Management Course is now open, which will take place from 19 to 23 June 2017 in Konstanz - Reichenau Island (Germany).
- [2016-05-25] Registration is now open for Job Shadowing guests. The Job Shadowing initiative promotes visits of Core Facility staff members to other Core Facilities.
- [2016-04-04] The article Advanced light microscopy core facilities: Balancing service, science and career has been published in the journal Microscopy Research and Technique. The "GerBI Best Practice Manual" summarizes the outcome of the German BioImaging workgroups during the first DFG-funding period. The German translation is also available: Gerätezentren für hochentwickelte Lichtmikroskopie: Service, Forschung, Karriere.
- [2016-01-15] A proposal for a distributed and coordinated national infrastructure offering open access to very advanced bioimaging technologies has been submitted to the Federal Ministry of Research and Education (BMBF). With this document, the "German BioImaging-Research Infrastructure" seeks inclusion into the National Roadmap for Research Infrastructures. The GerBI-RI proposal is available from our restricted download area. The password to complete the download can be requested from the GerBI office via email.
To News history
BioImaging Facilities in Germany
For a detailed view of multiple (clustered) facilities at one location please use the map zoom function!
As an alternative, you can use the table-view of the List of Facilities and Research Groups.