The Job Shadowing initiative promotes visits of Core Facility staff members to other Core Facilities to learn more about:
- operation procedures of facilities
- teaching activities of Core Facilities
- specific imaging or image processing techniques
German BioImaging serves as a platform to bring together Job Shadowing hosts and guests and will also offer travel grants (also for transnational visits: one partner in Germany, one abroad).
If you would like to visit one of the listed core facilities within the GerBI Job Shadowing initiative, please fill in the registration form:
Participating core facilities, which have kindly offered to host visitors, are:
- Advanced Light Microscopy Facility (ALMF), EMBL, Heidelberg
- Advanced Light Microscopy Technology Platform, Max Delbrueck-Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin
- Bioimaging Center, University of Konstanz
- Biopolis Dresden Imaging Platform, MPI-CBG, DZNE, TU-Dresden
- Combinatorial NeuroImaging Core Facility, LIN Magdeburg
- DKFZ Light Microscopy Facility, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg
- FACS and Imaging, MPI for Biology of Ageing, Cologne
- Imaging Facility, MPI Immunobiology and Epigenetics, Freiburg
- Life Imaging Center, University of Freiburg
- Light Microscope Facility, German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases, Bonn
- Light Microscopy Facility, MPI Developmental Biology, Tübingen
- Core Facility Microscopy, IMB Mainz
- Zentrum für Molekulare Biologie, University of Heidelberg
German BioImaging is happy to offer travel grants complementary to the short term scientific missions (STSMs) supported by the Network of European Bioimage Analysts (NEUBIAS). Scientists with an approved STSM, who want to extend their visit to learn more about and apply the imaging methods pertinent to their STSM project are highly welcome to inquire with German BioImaging for a travel allowance in the frame of our Job Shadowing initiative.
In 2014, a first Job Shadowing call for hosts was launched. Between 2014 and 2016, 18 scientists visited another core facility within the GerBI Job Shadowing initiative.